Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Perfect Product

Since starting this blog, I’ve been looking for outstanding examples of local organizations doing a great job.  After all, these organizations have mastered something the rest of us can hopefully learn from and apply in our own line of work.

My plan sounded great to me, but what I was looking for was especially hard to find… until last week when I had the opportunity to visit the type of organization I had been seeking.  I hadn’t been in a while, but as always, was incredibly impressed.

In my “What is Marketing?” blog entry, I discussed “the 4 Ps” of marketing: Product, Price, Promotion, and Placement (distribution).  The organization that stands out to me has the first P, Product, down pat. 

The Texas State Aquarium offers an experience unlike any in the area.  They entertain, excite, and educate children and adults.  But, in addition to providing a consistently great product, the Aquarium strives to always improve its offering by rolling out new exhibits and programs including Amazon, Dolphin Bay, Tortuga Cay, Otter Creek, and Stingray Lagoon, which is expected to open later this year.

The Aquarium’s effort and ability to make their product better gives locals and tourists an ever evolving and improving experience.  More importantly, there’s always a reason for visitors to return.

There are many ways to improve the products we offer our customers.  And I, for one, am inspired by the Texas State Aquarium and its ability to get me thinking about what’s next.



No comments:

Post a Comment