Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yoga Marketing

Last year, I completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training program offered by the Yoga Studio of Corpus Christi.  Despite my curiosity about yoga, my professional background made me especially interested in a session called “Business of Yoga.”  As the course progressed, our instructor worked to fit in thousands of years’ worth of history and wisdom, but ended up with only a short discussion on business.  I couldn’t complain though.  Our year was packed with so many good things.

I eventually taught a yoga weekly class, but dropped it when I started my business.  I continue helping as a sub, but no longer practice or teach as much as I’d like.

Yesterday, I was driving to sub at the Yoga Studio of Corpus Christi, and began reminiscing about great teachers who have inspired me.  I thought about friends and remembered the genuine and unconditional acceptance I always felt at the yoga studio. 

Then it dawned on me.  During teacher training, I had looked forward to a weekend focused on business.  When, in fact, my lesson was all around me.

Yoga teachers are taught to empower and care for others, while cultivating peace, beauty, and goodness.  Teachers offer themselves completely in service to help others. 

Shouldn’t this be the case in business and marketing?  Can you imagine companies wanting to know and understand you, their target market, all so they can better serve?  Who wouldn’t love to do business with people who truly care?

It turns out, I got my “Business of Yoga” training after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment